Getting back into DJing
As I’ve said before, DJing was one of my hobbies 6-7 years ago, but for some reason I stopped doing it. I kind of got back into DJing again due to receiving a task from one of my best friends to make a chill Deep House mix for their wedding. However, I only do it for fun and as a hobby and I do not intend on going professional with that. I have my day job in IT and I’m quite satisfied with it. Then again, one might never know what happens in life. If it would happen so that I would become a professional DJ (for some reason), I wouldn’t have anything against it of course. Also, becoming something means I’d have to do a lot of work for it and I’m not sure if my future is at the music mixing/making industry, rather I think I’m going to stay with IT – IT Service Management, coding (mainly web - front-end, design etc).
After I made the the mix for my best friend’s wedding, which by the way is uploaded to YouTube and is listenable below, I thought I should do another mix. I also uploaded the deep house mix to SoundCloud.
I chose Future House as the genre for my next mix after the deep house one, as I’m really into it currently. I can say with confidence that Oliver Heldens was the reason I started liking future house. I took some time to gather my favorite tracks and then I used an app called Djay Pro for Mac by Algoriddim. I remember mixing this at night while really going at it. Of course, a few drinks went hand it hand.
Here’s the Future House mix I made and uploaded to YouTube:
As of today (6th of April, 2017 19:47 EET), the video has 2655 views, 45 thumbs up (..and only 1 down) and a bunch of comments. Before I uploaded this mix to YouTube, I only had 1 subscriber. Now I have 17 subscribers. Woop woop! 🙂
The track list of the above Future House mix can be found from the video itself, and also here:
- Mahalo ft. Cat Lewis - Move (Nathan Rux Remix)
- DLMT & RAWD ft. Stevyn - Forbidden Dreams (Original Mix)
- Roy Greco, Arpex & THB - Raindrops (Original Mix)
- Florian Picasso - Final Call (Mesto Justin Mylo Remix)
- Brooks - Make Your Move (Original Mix)
- Audien - Crazy Love (Niko The Kid Extended Mix)
- Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (Tom Damage Remix Bootleg)
- STVCKS - Don't Be Scared (Original Mix)
- Bougenvilla - I Got My (Original Mix)
- Brooks - Pinball (Original Mix)
- Zedd - Find You (DCC Studios Bootleg)
- RetroVision - Here We Go (Original Mix)
- RetroVision - Elevate (Original Mix)
- Brooks - Hold It Down (ft. Micah Martin)
- Fifth Harmony ft. TY Dolla $ign - Work From Home (Brooks Remix)
- Narcotic Thrust - I Like It (Mikro Remix)
- IZECOLD ft. Molly Ann - Close (Brooks Remix)
- Clean Bandit ft. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie - Rockabye (Nathan Rux Remix Bootleg)
- Zara Larsson - I Would Like (Nik Ernst Remix Bootleg)
- Clarx - Haven (Original Mix)
- CID - Together (Niko The Kid Remix)
- G-Eazy X Bebe Rexha - Me Myself I (Mesto Remix)
- lan Walker - Alone (Cagri Guzet Remix Bootleg)
- Morgan Page - Running Wild (DLMT Remix)
- MØ - Final Song (Venemy Remix)
- LiTek Dallerium - I Got It Bad
- Arma Asino - Lets Get Down
- Robby East - N70
I’m planning to do another mix quite soon. I already have the track list almost ready, but I’m not going to publish it yet. Once I have mixed it all using the Djay app, I have to render the video and audio together into one using Adobe After Effects. Finally, then I can upload it to YouTube.
That’s it for today. Keep it cool, peeps!